• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gameplay is fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avro

whenever i play a game the speed of the game seems to get faster and faster and can't seem to figure out why gameplay would speed up. it is doing this in all of my games. any ideas?
oh yeah it seemed to have started doing this when i upgraded my cpu from an athlon 3000+ to an opteron 165, i didn't re install windows xp

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are playing older games and they have issues with dual core CPUs ?

If that's the case you can troubleshoot by loading up the game, then ALT + TAB to the desktop (or CTRL+ALT+DELETE) and then in task manager find the process for the game under the processes tab. Then right click on it and goto affinity. Then select only ONE of the cores. Now try the game and see how it runs.

no these are newer games, nfl 08, gta:sa and knights of the old republic so far have been doing this. the only game that isn't affected is eve online

Back