• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC8500 SLI IC's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, bro, you do realize you may have fried your ram by trying to boot up with that extreme amount of voltage. Do they still work as good as they did before you started upping the voltage above 2.4v?

mysterfix said:
Man, bro, you do realize you may have fried your ram by trying to boot up with that extreme amount of voltage. Do they still work as good as they did before you started upping the voltage above 2.4v?

they suck i took them out of the system. i replaced them by Ballistix PC8500 . my ballistix can do 1200mhz@[email protected], again just a quick bench. i have 120mm case fan to cool them

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=231781
59221877ji4.gif

That much voltage is 'fine' to some guys if you are going to just do a quick bench or something. Really, if you've got a fan on them like he does it will be fine. I wouldn't dare run them that high for prolonged periods, though.

ive got a theory.ocz just bins their modules alot tighter than crucial.the ballistix 8500s are crucials top speed.where the ocz 8500sli modules are kind of middle of the pack for their high end modules.so ocz doesnt have as much wiggle room for their top modules.
or maybe im just full of it :D

Back