• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpuz reporting wrong speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

claudiuso

Registered
Hi,
cpu-z 1.40.5 reports my ram as being PC2-6400 (even though it should be pc2-8500). Can anyone confirm this is just an error in cpuz?

Also, is there any app I could use for memory info?

Thanks

claudiuso said:
Hi,
cpu-z 1.40.5 reports my ram as being PC2-6400 (even though it should be pc2-8500). Can anyone confirm this is just an error in cpuz?

Also, is there any app I could use for memory info?

Thanks
:welcome: to the forums.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

What kind of RAM do you have etc...it helps if we know what hardware your working with :beer:

Thanks for the welcome :)

Sorry for not posting the screenshots earlier (they should be pc28500).

my.php

my.php

Ok, well, you didn't answer my last question. :beer:

Can you please tell us your complete system specs? That may help with this problem.

I'd also recommend putting it in your sig so people don't have to ask every time ;)

Ah didn't realize you were asking for the complete specs:

Cpu: E2140
Motherboard: ECS P4M900T-M
Ram: Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500
Video Card: XFX 6800xt (I don't game at all so that should be good enough for my needs)

I bought the cpu/ motherboard combo from fry's today until I can afford a quad, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of the ram deal since I got it off ebay and if it's not ddr2 1066 I need to contact the seller for a refund.

Thanks

claudiuso said:
Ah didn't realize you were asking for the complete specs:

Cpu: E2140
Motherboard: ECS P4M900T-M
Ram: Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500
Video Card: XFX 6800xt (I don't game at all so that should be good enough for my needs)

I bought the cpu/ motherboard combo from fry's today until I can afford a quad, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of the ram deal since I got it off ebay and if it's not ddr2 1066 I need to contact the seller for a refund.

Thanks
Do you have a link to where you bought the RAM, we can look it up if they show pics with model or serial numbers. If CPU-z is showing that, I doubt it is wrong. :)

I'm not allowed to post links from ebay here am I?

It came in sealed anti-static bags which claimed to be ddr2 1066, but I'm just a bit worried now with cpuz reporting it as being something else.

The auction only has a picture of the box, so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't help much :(.

claudiuso said:
I'm not allowed to post links from ebay here am I?

It came in sealed anti-static bags which claimed to be ddr2 1066, but I'm just a bit worried now with cpuz reporting it as being something else.

The auction only has a picture of the box, so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't help much :(.
You can post it as long as you arent selling it :)

You can always PM it to me.

Someone else just created a thread with a similar problem, try an older version of CPU-z or use a different program.

The Seller might have possibly swapped out stickers on you.

A common thing that happens on ebay, my brother recently bought a pair of DDR400 OCZ sticks (claimed) that came up as 333 in CPU-Z.

If possible, set up a RMA with Crucial. The Ballistix have a lifetime warranty and you can tell them your sticks are registering wrong and they should send you a new pair.

Could be wrong on this though.

Do you have a picture of the sticks themselves?

g14novak said:

A common thing that happens on ebay, my brother recently bought a pair of DDR400 OCZ sticks (claimed) that came up as 333 in CPU-Z.

If possible, set up a RMA with Crucial. The Ballistix have a lifetime warranty and you can tell them your sticks are registering wrong and they should send you a new pair.

No, they probably won't replace them as either the sticker has been removed or the heatspreader has been removed, this voids the warranty no questions asked. It would be best to take it up with the seller if these are indeed modified sticks, no reason to rip-off the manufacturer and let the ebay scammer go unpunished... ;)

g14novak said:

Do you have a picture of the sticks themselves?

I'm not sure how he could have swapped them though since they came sealed in antistatic bags and the timing, model, serial number, etc are printed on the bags.

I see some other guy on ncix having the same issues:
http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index....01&product_id=24378&msgcount=19&overclockid=0

its just the way the modules were programmed.my 8000s also show up as 6400s.as long as it still shows up in the timings table(first pic you linked to-533 5-5-5-15)at the correct speed its fine.

Back