• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweaking ram quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heathuff

Hi guys...this is probably a stupid question....but when you adjust the ram timings in BIOS, does this adjust the timings for all the modules installed? Can you adjust the timings of each chip? I'm just trying to grasp a better understanding of this...thanks!

Thats right when you adjust the timmings in the bios it will adjust all modules installed.
I may be wrong but i dont think that is possible to set different timmings for each module installed.

that's correct vento, in the BIOS the timings are applied to all the memory modules. however, there are windows-based utilities that allow you to adjust timings separetely, although I don't see the point in this. I believe it will just cause problems...

Have to agree with aja on this one. I think that you would be looking for trouble. What timings are being used now? CPU-Z will tell you. MemSet 3.3 will tell you more. What CPU are you using? Oh, and :welcome: Heathuff!

Back