• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot 667Mhz with D9GMH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reclaimer122

Ok, these are old Patriot sticks, a little over 1 year old with no heat spreader. These are them here actually, but probably not D9's anymore :)
Newegg Link
Anyway, I was wondering if I should expect the same performance from them as my G.Skill HZ sticks, as they are both D9GMH chips. Of course I would put RAM sinks on the chips or something, but I was just wondering if they should perform the same.

Second question also. If they would perform the same, do you think they would be ok to run at 2.2v with RAM sinks on them? And would it be practical to add them to the system for 3GB in total?

PS: The 667Mhz Micron (2 x 512mb) that originally came with my Dell XPS are D9's too :D Not GMH's though (D9DCL), but I guess I was still a lucky boy :p Anyone know if these chips are up to par with D9GMH?

Last edited:
the D9GMH's are a different animal compared to the D9DCL's. im guess here but those DCL's would be more along the lines of the HNL's in my sig, maybe. cause the NHL's ics on my sticks do ddr2-900 5-5-5-14 @1.95volts, which for $35 each was a good buy back in june.

reclaimer122 said:
Ok, so the GMH's probably would beat out the DCL's, correct? Your HNL do seem to be running nice though :D
they do run nice when oced but the rig i bought the ram for doesnt allow clocking the ram up higher. They live a life of stock speeds/volts.... for what my back up rig is, its much faster then i thought it was gonna be.

Ah, I see. So do you guys think the Patriot D9GMH could match my G.Skills if I really wanted to use up 16 heat sinks?

Ah, thanks :) Maybe I'll try sometime when I have more sinks and nothing else to do, lol. I barely use up 1.5GB in worst case scenarios as is :) Vista could probably change that for me though when I upgrade :(

Back