• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i feel like i got ripped off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfgod247

Registered
ok well i got Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop for a long time my computer was randomly turning off thought that it was a power supply issue, but found out it was a ram issue. i reset the timing on my ram and set the correct voltage and it seems to really do the trick. the question i have is can someone explain why my friend made me buy this ram at 200 bucks when it acts so unstable i hear of people overclocking there ram to ddr 800 with these sticks but as soon as i try and get them anything over there recommended speed my system crashes.:(

i have the timing set at 3-4-4-8 at 2.8v its running dual channel with a 250.1 mhz frequency reading using cpu-z i wanna push my cpu higher its running at 2751mhz right now but i know it can go higher if i can get my ram to do its job

Just a FYI that is a very very picky board with memory.

I concur. The DFI Lanparty boards, and DFI boards in general, are picky about memory and a pain to OC well, IMO.

That being said, a good DFI board will out-OC alot of other boards, but its tedious to work on in my experience.

What are the stock timmings ? Are they TCCD ? my tccd HATED when I ran cas3 not stable @ all drop it down to 2.5 and it worked up past 290

The Ultra-D is certainly a tricky board to OC. Took me over a week to get my current settings stable with all the options they put in the bios.

Just takes time and patience. If you do not have the memory in the orange slots I suggest you put them there. Made a huge difference with my system. The board didnt like me using the yellow slots in dual channel all too much. Switching to orange was like night and day.

Back