• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im Blaming My Value Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DualSnakeyes

Registered
:beer: Hello guys im new here so be kind.

PC spec in signature, so let me explain problem.

I want to get my E6750 to 3.5Ghz (I KNOW SHE CAN DO IT!!!)

1) If i increase my FSB above 400 even by 1Mhz my RAM Speed drops from 800 to 75@MHz :confused:

2) If i am able to get into windows (less often than not) it just freezes

3) Increasing my Ram Voltages to 2.09 didnt help and since it value ram i didnt expect mutch :bang head I KNOW!! Value RAM!!! Did buy heat spreaders though

4) I also gave my CPU more juice and upped it to a WOPPING 1.37 Volts
( :) im a wuss forgive me) no help

5) Lowering the Mhz on Ram was a bad idea the pc doesnt even boot at lower
Speed but would like to keep the Timings the same *T2 BTW

Temps are Cool no probs and im bearly pushing the PC but like to play safe :)

Any advice to cure my Noobness would be greatfull

Seems to Be unstable

Thanks for the advice :santa: i am in @ 3.4Ghz now @ 1.41V temps are
Idle 32-34C
But unstable i tried to run 3DMark and it restarted but i see the Ram speed still dropped

@ 3.3 it was 76@MHz
@ 3.4 it is 798MHz

Any links to stability tests would be nice, my Ntune doest work.

OK 3.4Ghz @ 1.42V Ran 3Dmark06 but dont think it 100% Stable

The Vdroop on this bord is @#$% set it to 1.42 and it goes from 1.39->1.44 under load and idle (used CPU-Z)

Found setting in bios that adds to Vcore 100Mvc+ or sompthing .... Then CPU-Z rates it as 1.25V????

without added Bios Setting Temp Max in 3DMark06 was 43C With it was 46C

Tried 3.5 @ same vcore But didnt play ball and i dont feel like Pushing the Volts any Higher

Seems like it wasnt my RAM but the next setting after 797MHz it will Set at is 850MHz
gess since that my FSB it makes sense.

Least i got a CPU score of 2989 in 3DMark06. And it looks like you where right inkfx 1.45 should get me to 3.5 mabe 3.6?

You should try some real tests on the CPU to see what your max temps are and what kind of head room you have to raise the voltage. I like running 2 instances of Prime 95 torture tests. That will test for system stability, and if it is stable, you get to see what your max temps are like. If you're comfortable with your max temps and are comfortable going higher, you can up the voltage a bit more and try upping the FSB and testing again using Prime 95.

And :welcome: to the forums!!!

will do so thanks was looking for stability tester .... My 24/7 rig is stil 3.2 @ 1.35 temps are cool and i mounted the zalman NB hatsink on my SB and DAAAAAMMMM that was a mission
the double slot GPU realy proved to be problem on board

Will just see how stable my 24/7 setup is and ill go from there

:)

will do so thanks was looking for stability tester .... My 24/7 rig is stil 3.2 @ 1.35 temps are cool and i mounted the zalman NB hatsink on my SB and DAAAAAMMMM that was a mission
the double slot GPU realy proved to be problem on board

Will just see how stable my 24/7 setup is and ill go from there

:)

Oh, and if you're thinking of really pushing that chip much higher, I would definitely recommend getting a new cooler for the CPU. 3.2 Ghz is already pushing it with the stock cooler. The stock cooler is pretty good, but it definitely isn't hard to find its limits when overclocking.

Nope it should be my RAM i set my RAM to run @ 2.013V and ran prime95 and upped my Vcore to 1.36 and ran it for close to 2hours and then froze ... then i decreased the ram volts to 1.9 and ran it again and almost instant freez 5-5-5-15 timings BTW

so now running again [email protected] and 2.09 Volts for RAM and hasnt frozen yet ......
also strange thing when my pc freezes couse of ***** my mouse stops working till i unplug it and replug it into other usb port....
Tried to uninstall and it asked me to insert disk ... its missing some .dll so wonder if im staring at lost cause and just need a reinstall windows

Also could be the vdroop have it at 1.36 and saw it drop to 1.328V !!!!! on cpu-z so i need volt utill to confirm

Cant you run the ram out of spec with that mb ? so lower your ram to take it out of the equation .
Also you should get memtest .
Does your ram have heat spreaders on if not tell us what the IC's say

Cant you run the ram out of spec with that mb ? so lower your ram to take it out of the equation .
Also you should get memtest .
Does your ram have heat spreaders on if not tell us what the IC's say

Console has a good point. You should definitely run Memtest to eliminate RAM as the issue. I like to run it at least 10 to 12 hours (if not 24 hours) and check for errors.

I have downloaded memtest but it a cd image and since the year 2007 cd's are old and useless so i tried to burn it to DVD and it no go.

I will try getting one by friend and run a test

BUT i unistalled the Nvidia drivers again and did reinstall and the pc stable at origional 1.35V and 5-5-5-15 timings @ 2.013 or 2.09V cant remember

BUT when i was at lan i got a PS2 emulator and that works and i didnt have to do anything to my BIOS as far as i know (Been playing FFS X :) ) and i got to one place and instead of freezing i got A BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! :eek:

But the pc just restarted and i ran CS whilst listening to music for 2+ hours and nothing happend so ill try loading same spot on PS2 and if i get nother screen IM SO uninstalling it.

But dont think that it so i will try a memtest and confirm a pass or fail on mem
But think it was Ntune that kept bugging out with the profile and stuff so hope its fixed.

i have cpu-z and its with cpu-z that i saw a from 1.35V to 1.32V Drop and from 1.44V to 1.392V so my MB haqd bad droop or i should get me a conditioner too

Back