• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie to Ram OC'ing, need help please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Incandescent

Greetings,

I just purchased an Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mainboard with a Core 2, 2.44Mhz CPU. I also purchased 4 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227181
(OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Micron D7 Chip Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory )

When reading about the mainboard, there was something about needing to tweek the bios to actually get the 1066 bus speed. At the post screen it says: PC2-5300
It is all set to AUTO in the bios for the ram and apperantly, it is way lower than it should be. I am currently OC'ing the CPU to 2.88 with out any issues what so ever.

I would like some tips, pointers, etc to clock the memory correctly so I can reach the 1066, or at least around 800.

Please advise or let me know if you need for info.

Thanks in advance.

Well start by taking it off auto, and change timings to 5-5-5-15. Then make sure its running at 2.1v, and bring it up to 1066mhz. Shouldnt give you any problem. Not sure if your gonna be able to get any higher at 2.1v, but 1066mhz is plenty fast enough. I hope this answered your questions.

Woah....whats this...The OCZ EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) feature allows performance enthusiasts to use a VDIMM of 2.35V without invalidating their OCZ Lifetime Warranty. LOL pretty....2.35v.....haha Yah dude, if your gonna go higher than 2.1v, make sure u got a fan blowing on it.

Last edited:
Back