• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two words -> UTTER CONFUSION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DualSnakeyes

Registered
OK where to start

My Value Ram runs at 5-5-5-15@800Mhz ok its stable with my CPU OC (or was)

Fine i install ntune and try gunning my GPu and i created a profile called Baseline
.... :) fine ntune tries loading the file at startup and brings up error .. ok i disable the startup item and it keeps trying either way.

So i uninstall ntune and delete the folders.

OK then i watched little anime and BANG Freez .... ok restart try running CS ... get into map and 6min later freez.. run 3DMark06 and same thing.

OK run Prime95 lasts for 1.5hours ... :bang head !@#$ ntune right???

ok think it my nvidia drivers messed up so i download the newest 650I driver and uninstall all thats related to nvidia and did restart.

Installed chipset first and only installed the Nvidia ethernet driver ... then restart and loaded display drivers (not Ntune).

kept my settings as stated but the RAM Voltages i cant remember.

Everything rock silod ran 06 few times and finished anime :bday:

Then for safty sake i upped the voltages to 2.013 and everything was still fine played CS Few hours.

Then installed ntune again and looked ok but ... even when i deleted the files (there 2 files 1 is in program files and other is in (hidden) C:\Documents and Settings\Snakeyes\Local Settings\Application Data) it still had baseline and still tried running it all the time bringing up errors but the program still works BTW.

Then uninstalled and deleted files again but this time didnt freez during gaming

Now i was happy but for some reason i cannot explain i had to screw everything up (wanted to test in real time is 5-5-5-15@800 faster or 4-4-4-12@800) so i went into BIOS and decided to push my RAM to 4-4-4-12@800MHz and it is runing it 100%.

Ran 3Dmark06 3 times score was 10036/10039/10046 last run i had Speedfan running to monitor CPU temp and it maxed at 41

OK time to test 5-5-5-15@800 so i jump into bios and set timings *leaving RAM volts the same and gave it 5min idle in windows to calm temps then ran 3DMark06 and gess what it freezes.... restart and freezes again (didnt run any games)

Jump into Bios and reset timings to 4-4-4-12@800 still at 2.013V and Run 06 no problem.

Now leaving me with No idea WTF is going on with my PC :confused:

So currently i think the problem lies with either my nvidia being messed up ...
running 5-5-5-15@800 at 2.013V doesnt work..... or :mad: knows what is gowing on

I will try running 5-5-5-15 timings at auto Volts but dont think it will help, also
@ 5-5-5-15 even if it freezes i ran "Hot CPU Tester Pro" 3 times to get score and got 13698/13627/13658 and i will close everything now and see what i score at 4-4-4-12.

ANY help would be great and since it involves ram i posted it here :rolleyes:

Your ram is telling you "I want tight timings *****!@!@!@"

Listen to your ram. It knows best. It has feelings too man...

HAHA Just kidding. Dude i have no clue why 4-4-4-12 works, and 5-5-5-15, doesnt. What ram you using? EPP or SLI ready options in bios might screw things up.

Also, try upping your cpu like 1 step higher, voltage wise, and also up the ram voltage 1 step higher, and try the 5-5-5-15 timings again.

Oh never mind, i see the ram in your sig.....

Found out its the MB it has lang bad Vdroop i mean i run 1.36 now and speedfan rates it 1.34V but cpu-z goes from 1.33-> 1.38 and i remember when i ran @3.5Ghz @ 1.42 it went from 1.39 -> 1.44 so gess that BAD

Ran 06 after posting and froze but i did uninstall nvidia drivers again (always the drivers fault) still didnt help

So ran prime95 again and only got in 1hour and froze, so now im running it at 1.36V 5-5-5-15 timings and if it lasts 2 hours or so ill change and run 4-4-4-12 ..

But for me i think 5-5-5-15 better .... sure sisoft rated my ran speed @ 7266/7330
and @ 4-4-4-12 it got 7542/7564 but it feels faster (boot into windows) not sure.

and nice memory speed man 1125 insane :p mine wont budge off 800 (will do less though :) ) but it value ram so aint complaining

Back