• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failure to oc please help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

df0xyd

Hi guys,

Well, I ventured into my bios today, to find out my RAM is set at..
5-5-5-15 @1.8
Thats not even CLOSE to what its supposed to be, says newegg...
MY RAM
So, I change everything to what newegg says...
5-5-5-12 @2.1
w00! while I'm in the bios, I also notice I'm at 2t. Why not change it to 1t?? Cant hurt.. right?? uhh... right???
Well, after changing everything F10 yes... RESTART.
Fans spin up, and turn on blue led... still spinning... WHERE IS THE BEEP??
I unplug the psu and wait for a few min. Plug it back in, w00 beep! w00 right?? right???
I get to right before windows splash. "windows config file corrupted" great...
I put in cd and restart the comp again... fans spin.. NO BEEP!!!
Unplug psu AGAIN... yadda yadda...
Turns on, first screen.. WARNING BIOS.. something "cant remember now"
It finally triggers.. 1t, 2t... I change the 1t back to 2t.
Restart.. WALLA I'm here again...

To make sure everything is ok, I run a sisoft memory test..
8393 Integer
8363 Float
.... Now, I destinctly remember getting
12819 Integer
13152 Float
(I wrote it down before this...)

Can someone please tell me what went wrong???

Changing from 2t to 1t seems to be extremely hard for me. I really cant do it, it fails to boot into windows. So i just keep it at 2t, and go for really high clocks.

Changing from 2t to 1t seems to be extremely hard for me. I really cant do it, it fails to boot into windows. So i just keep it at 2t, and go for really high clocks.

So, I shouldnt try to go for 1t??

Can you give a suggestion where to start???

Should I do something like...

4-5-5-15
4-4-5-15
4-4-4-15
4-4-4-14
Up volts when unstable???

Im just not exactly sure...

Thanks for your help!

So like what exactly are you aiming for? Do you really want 1t? Id guess.....try 800mhz 5-5-5-18, 2.2v, and see if you can boot into 1t. I havent tried my ram at its original speed of 800mhz to get to 1t, I had allways overclocked to 1ghz, before changing to 1t, so maybe that is why i failed. Just lower your memory speed like 100mhz if it still fails. If you do like 700mhz @ 5-5-5-18, or 4-4-4-12 at 2.2v, and it still fails 1t, just give up. Maybe someone else will post and help you, i dont really understand it much. Of course, i havent actually "tried" to achieve 1t, LOL, so yah, just try that man. Good luck.

Well, I just wanna squeeze some extra performance out of my ram.

I was looking at cpu-z today, when I noticed it said my memory was about 400MHz. so I went into my BIOS and I noticed it had set my RAM to DDR2 400...
So, I switched it to DDR2 800.

F10, waiting for restart. Got into windows, opened up cpu-z... and what do you know, still 400MHz....

Did I miss something here??? Can anyone tell me what's going on???
Should I just stop looking at my ram?? hehe.. It'll never happen...

ALSO, my CPU is overclocked... I don't know if that would have an effect...
(I'm still in the process of pushing it)

cpuz

Ohh, Cpu-z tells u half of the memory speed, because its ddr2, so it doubles the speed. So like, if cpu-z says 400mhz, its really 400 x 2 = 800mhz.

Back