• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simba1621

Hey guys, I'm new to overclocking, but so far I've really been able to enjoy my results. I would like to get my RAM running faster. It's Corsair XMS2 2 x 1gb DDR2-800 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590). I'm using an M2N-E mobo. amd 5600+ dual core running at 2.97. I've already got the ram up to 425 mhz but I'd like to go higher. Stock timings should be 5-5-5-12. but it defaulted to 5-5-5-18 and I've had stability issues dropping that. stock voltage is 1.9 and the mobo defaulted to 1.8.

thanks. any recommended timings? i really have no idea what i'm doing with these timings

forget about the timings. i'm fine with 5-5-5-12. what are acceptable temps for RAM. speedfan is telling me that at 2.1v i'm loading to 61 c. at least that's what temp3 says. and i'm assuming that's the vdimm temps.

Sounds like your CPU temp it's reporting. I've never heard of ram with built in temp probes... You won't really have to worry about your ram temperatures unless it's infernally hot in your case, and you're running 2.4v+.

Back