• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x2GB Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derian

Registered
Hello All -

(First off, I apologize if this has been beaten to death; I've spent a bit searching and have been mostly unable to come up with an answer to my question. It seems that most people are after 2x1GB.)

I'm in the process of building a new system - M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD 6000+. I'm looking for a 4GB setup right now; I'd prefer this in two DIMMs to give myself the option to upgrade to 8 later down the road, however I'm having difficulty finding a 'decent' set of RAM, so I come in search of suggestions.

Also (semi-related), does anyone have a link to the compatibility chart from ASUS?

There have been at least 3 different posts asking almost the same thing within the last two pages. It's actually a bit hard to go wrong on 2x2's unless you're looking for SOCK ROCKIN OVER CLOCKIN. Patriot, GSkill, Mushkin, Corsair, etc. They'll all do ya fine. Personally I have Mushkin, and don't believe I'll ever change unless I find a memory company with better customer service than they.

Do a lot of computational work? Rendering?

I agree with Tyranos. Mushkin customer service rocks, and even though Mushkin changed the specific type of micron chips it uses in the 996564s, they're still Micron chips and Mushkin claims it was Micron's choice, not theirs (a little shady but who cares with Mushkin's amazing customer support).

Plus, I've read that the Mushkins are the best 2x2GB overclockers at this point, and the techies at the Mushkin forums are really helpful in suggesting timings and voltages that will max out your ram without voiding the warranty. I love my 996564s, and Mushkin has helped me get the most out of them.

Just my $.02 anyway...

Back