• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

acceptable temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simba1621

hi. i'm running corsair xms2 2 x 1 gb stable so far. it's up to 463.8mhz at 2.1v. under orthos beta and prime i load up to 60 degrees on temp3, (i assume this is the vdimm temp on speedfan.) is this acceptable or should i back off. i have a fan blowing directly on the dimms and i still hit 60-62 celcius.

Thats way too hot, the chips are gonna die at 60 celc. And, a fan over your memory should bring em down at least 10 celc, i doubt thats your memory temp, possibly your northbridge or south birdge? I didnt think Speedfan could get ram temps.

ok thanks. should i worry about the northbridge and turn my voltage down. or stay at the 2.1v

I don't think that is the vdimm reading. I'm not aware of any software that will monitor the temp of your memory. The way most of us do it is just by touching the sticks with our fingers.

i'm stable at 492 mhz running 1.95v. i only have stock cooling for now, i can wait

Back