• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Resin13

I'm having a difficult time finding any information about my motherboard. I know is its Intel "Fedora" MBDSAC 933Mhz R7. The BIOS string is EA81510A.15A. I can't find a BIOS that allows me to change FSB Mhz or much of anything. I'm interested in overclocking but new to this. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well...after doing a search on both Gateway's and Intel's website for the mobo number you gave above, I have come to the following conclusion...that's not the right number :eek: First off, is you system stock, unmodified? What does it consist of (cpu, memory, etc.)? Did you buy it from Gateway, or used? When you boot up, the POST screen usually gives you the model number of your board...POST and hit the Pause Screen button, and reply with a better number so I can help you track it down...

Okay, first of all I purchased my computer from Gateway, so its stock. It was the first computer I bought, and the last one I won't custom build. Regarding the POST, the number I gave before is correct: EA81510A.15A. I have managed to find out some more info on my mobo though. I believe it is a Intel D815EEA, no help from gateway, they could only gave me their part number (2514174). The Intel board uses BIOS string EA81510A.86A. I'm thinking about updating to this BIOS to see what happens but am kinda sketchy on that, as I'm not certain this Gateway board is the exact same. I've been looking long and hard but haven't found any way to change the FSB on this mobo. Most articles I read on it say its not possible. I have found some programs called SoftFSB and CPUCooL that allow some... well something. I haven't learned enough to feel confident using these yet. Like I said I'm still a newbie. Thanks for the help Takiwa.

PIII 933Mhz
Intel D815EEA mobo?
128MB PC133 RAM
16MB nVidia TNT-2 Vanta
SoundBlaster Audio PCI 128D
stock heatsink and fan

Well, you could always install Sandra and find out the info on your board...but you are right. Gateway boards are pretty much locked as far as o/c'ing goes. If you could o/c the board, you'd have no reason to upgrade in 6-12 months to the newer Gateway model, would you? I have 3 Gateway OEM mobo's, and I wasn't able to do anything with them...even using a Sloket. Best of luck to you, I suggest a new board would be in order...

Just don't tell Gateway you swapped 'em ;)

Yeah your right, a new board is in order. Maybe I'll throw in a new CPU while I'm at it. Its Christmastime anyway. Thanks for the help though. Appreciated.

Back