• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No offense (an apology)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morvak

Disabled
Hey all,

I made an off-the-cuff attempt at a Spanish/Mexican joke that was an innocent attempt at being funny, but in hindsight it wasn't a good idea and came off sounding racist, which was not my intent.

I just wanted to apologize to all my fellow OCF members because I'm not a racist guy (i know "yeah right" but you'll just have to take my word for it). There are just times when I hear/see something and feel the need to make a funny comment. I've done this ALL my life, dating back to grade school - it gets me a lot of laughs at times, and it also gets me in trouble. Sometimes I just don't think, and that's my problem. You would think I would learn from this everytime it happens, but apparently not. :rolleyes: :bang head I think it's the OCD that runs in the family or something.

Anyway, I hope there's no hard feelings and most importantly, I hope no one was offended.

Peace,
Paul

i didnt even see it

eh I like to hear a good joke here and there but please remember that there are a few different cultures here that may not think "certain" jokes aren't funny and may take offense to it.

But i have a question about your sig? Is that symptoms of having kids or a pregnant wife? :soda:

I like race jokes every once in a while. Even if they are about white people (which I am) I don't get offended at all. I know we kind of owe jews and blacks for what happened to them but that was a long long time ago and I'm sure at one point whites were treated bad too.

thanks for the moral support ;)

i didnt even see it

eh I like to hear a good joke here and there but please remember that there are a few different cultures here that may not think "certain" jokes aren't funny and may take offense to it.

But i have a question about your sig? Is that symptoms of having kids or a pregnant wife? :soda:

LOL all of the above and some

I like race jokes every once in a while. Even if they are about white people (which I am) I don't get offended at all. I know we kind of owe jews and blacks for what happened to them but that was a long long time ago and I'm sure at one point whites were treated bad too.

Yeah, well I'm irish, polish, german so just imagine the kind of jokes i've been on the receiving end growing up.

I'm not talking about OCF when I say: it's a shame you can't say anything anymore even in jest without someone being offended. Everything's gotta be PC. And it's not just about race: don't you dare say anthing about someone's height, weight, age, religion, etc etc you know.

Its a good thing I didnt see it. I would have torn you a new one.
Ive got an uncle that has a best friend whos neices best friend dated a mexican guy.
No but really, I should leave this thread before I get in trouble :X

Back