• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2gb Crucial Ballistix PC-6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chizzer

So I got this ram today and added it to my other 2 gigs of same ram except dddr 1066, but set speeds to 800mhz so they were the same... timmings are 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2V So I boot up Vista X64 seems like its working fine then just starts freezing... Remove my 1066 memory incase it was causing issues and run the DDR2 800 memory thought it was fine then it started acting up and doing the same thing... slap my 1066 stuff in and works fine no freezing at all, am I just better off to contact Crucial and setup rma on this ram? If so do you know if you pay an "upgrade" fee can you upgrade to the 1066 version of the ram?

If anyone has had this issue with PC-6400 stuff let me know if you did anything to resolve it or if it just had to be replaced.. I am going to try and run 1 gig stick on it's own to see if it's 1 stick thats causing the issue.

Thanks

Timings for Pc8500 are 5-5-5-15.

Test just the memory that you got for possible problems. Also try using three sticks and see if the same thing happens with four.

Timings for Pc8500 are 5-5-5-15.

Test just the memory that you got for possible problems. Also try using three sticks and see if the same thing happens with four.

Timming for both sets of ram on DDR 800 speeds are 4-4-4-12 @2.2 according the "SPD" specs of each ram, and the 1066 is [email protected] at 533speeds, Vist was the main issue, for the hell of it I installed X64 XP and it works perfectly FINE...

So what the hell is Vista's beef? lol

Timming for both sets of ram on DDR 800 speeds are 4-4-4-12 @2.2 according the "SPD" specs of each ram, and the 1066 is [email protected] at 533speeds, Vist was the main issue, for the hell of it I installed X64 XP and it works perfectly FINE...

So what the hell is Vista's beef? lol

Anyone got anything why vista with 4 gig would mess up and not xp? I am about to reinstall Vista 64 again to see if it will work, I did a bios reset with the jumper/remove battery so hoping it was just a glitch in the board...If it doesn't solve it and still acts up in vista what could it be ?

Back