• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Memory Bus Speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_Hot_Poker

Hey, I posted a thread a few months back about my memory timings and cpu overclocking.

What I was wondering is that my Memory Bus Speed atm is 132.5 when it is suppose to run at 200.

The reason its low like that is because im my bios I manually set the memory to DDR200(100mhz). With the setting this low I can achieve the highest overclock on my cpu. The higher I go with the memory timing, I.E DDR266(133Mhz), ddr300(150Mhz) I start to only oc it less and less.

So at the moment my cpu is at DDR200(100Mhz) with CPU freq of 265x10 which makes my memory bus speed at the 132.5. What I am wondering is will that low of a memory bus speed make an impact on performance?

I raised the volts on the cpu slightly and have not messed with the voltage on the ram or anything because of the no OC. Recently I have been gettin a few BSOD and such and I was just wondering also could it be because the ram bus speed is that low? I received the chip not too long ago so I wouldn't think that is the problem. If anyone has any insight or can further shed some light for me that would be great. :)

Attatched a pic to maybe clarify what I am trying to get across here...if its the memory sticks that are a problem then that maybe might be what I was thinking from the start. They are some crappy sticks lol.

Hmm now I hear that having a low bus speed on the memory does not matter too much , its the cpu speed that matters :bang head

Back