• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mobo needed money no object advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Selling my p5w dh and going to buy the next best thing but i am unsure wether to go p35 or x38 please help i have found these that i like so far. i would probably be sticking with nvidia gfx for a while and over the next 12 months i will be moving to penryn and water cooling if that helps.

Any ideas when Asus will be offering X38 mobo's?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-092-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=946

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-239-AS&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=913

x38 is still around the corner i thought it was next month but i think im wrong and it is the EOY.

I just bought the P35 from DFI on impulse, what does the X38 bring to the table besides PCIe 2.0?

I just bought the P35 from DFI on impulse, what does the X38 bring to the table besides PCIe 2.0?

suppose to be 3 16x slots and ddr3, would be like comparing 965/975. X38 im hoping will clock better then p35, given the price of 200-300.

It brings X38 chip that will be faster then P35 chip. And you can get a board with P35 and DDR3 support today. So you dont need X38 to use DDR3 ram.

It brings X38 chip that will be faster then P35 chip. And you can get a board with P35 and DDR3 support today. So you dont need X38 to use DDR3 ram.

no you dont have to, also dont forget there will also be ddr2 x38 boards.

X38! I may have to RMA my board after all! How much is the Gigabyte (in US$), and when is this board, and the Abit board coming out in the US? Will there be an X38 board out in the US for ~$250 or less before October?

Very tempting if I can swap out for free!

:thup::beer:

Current conversion rate would make the gigabyte x38 $370 or so, but in reality it will prob be much less as taxes are stupidly high in the uk on electrical equipment.

I heard that the Sept. 9th is a rumor (off of XS forums) and was started by a misprint, but ... that's just what I heard.

From a more definitive source, I was told Sept. 22nd to be more realistic of the first x38's to show up, with revisions all the way up to Dec. The problem is, I am hearing two different things, one was that the first models to show up will be top-of-the-line models, and Dec. models showing up would be budget models... and then the other rumor is that it's the other way around, with Sept. showing up with budget models, while Dec shows up with refined x38's.

Looking at the features gained, I decided not to get into that mess and ended up with an EVGA 680i ... do not regret at all. chums away with the q6600 happily, and SLI.

Back