• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attn: ALL PEOPLE LOOKING TO BUY MEMORY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

So would you buy ram from Mushkin.com if we get a discount?

• Total voters

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Right so here goes I've been trying to talk to people in sales at Mushkin and get Overclockers.com its own discount. Right now they are talking about a possiable 10% saveings off their regular listed prices on the web site.

So what I would like you guys do it is post if you plan on buying ram soon, how much, what speed and what type of ram you plan to buy. Also please fill out the Poll.

:bday::bday::bday::sn::sn::santa2::beer:

AmbientFiction out

If you can get some good D9 chips for $70 or less people will buy them. The Crucial Ballistix are the best deal right now.

If you can get some good D9 chips for $70 or less people will buy them. The Crucial Ballistix are the best deal right now.

You know man I used to run Crucial but to tell you man I just prefer dealing with Mushkin they tend to be on the ball when you have an issue or need their service. Not to mention I found that Mushkin would give sometimes the extra couple of Mhz I was looking for in my OC.

I believe if you're looking for D9 you'll find it on that page.

Mushkin makes great memory, but as long as other manufacturers keep beating them out in terms of price/performance, it's hard to want to buy it. Back in the day it was terrific, but it feels more middle-of-the-road now.

Hmm... Great timing, I've bought 8x1gb sticks of Mushkin in the past two weeks :D

Oh well, I got good MIRs on all of them, so it's no big deal. For the record, I use Mushkin for all the builds I do. The 20+ sets of RAM I've used in the past year have all been 100% MemTest stable on delivery, which I have never seen. When I used other brands, the majority of DIMMs I got had atleast a few errors in MemTest, including Super Talent, Crucial, and Corsair. I was going to try OCZ, but after a few good sets of Mushkin I stuck with them.

Mushkin FTW! This would be a nice deal.

I highly doubt that only 16 people at our forums are going to be buying RAM in the next little bit. Seeing that 135+ people have looked at this thread. Come on people I'm asking nicely for your input. I'm trying to get things done for this forum. If you don't want a discount from Mushkin voice your views on different companies. This is for the betterment of the people who make this place one of my homes on the internet.

I mean if you guys don't want it fine but please understand I'm taking my own time to do this for everyone here.

Its great to be doing this AF... but even with 10% off...it will still end up being cheaper to buy the sticks at newegg or somewhere like that.

I highly doubt that only 16 people at our forums are going to be buying RAM in the next little bit. Seeing that 135+ people have looked at this thread. Come on people I'm asking nicely for your input. I'm trying to get things done for this forum. If you don't want a discount from Mushkin voice your views on different companies. This is for the betterment of the people who make this place one of my homes on the internet.

I mean if you guys don't want it fine but please understand I'm taking my own time to do this for everyone here.

See this is the problem: I just BOUGHT ram SuperNade *just* bought ram. EVERY DAMNED BoDY just bought ram.

And it's not a coincidence: Crucial is selling the afforementioned Ballistix for 69.99 after rebate. If that wasn't enough G.Skill is selling the HKs for 99.99. And if you wanted to go cheap they have the CAS5 for 84.99

That's 2 gigs all around mind you. So everybody either bought ram last week or the week before last. And now here you come with the poll... Well...

http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=519

...okay. I would've bought this one for 84.99 (after your proposed 10%)

But the first three or four things I clicked on said "Product not available."

Last edited:
Memory is in a down cycle and its getting cheaper. I think you have to shop around because the price can vary considerably.

I have used Mushkin, OCZ, patriot, crucial, value and a few others and I really haven't seen much difference between them. Personally I buy name brands that are already discounted considerably. 10% is not very signficant when you can sometimes get memory 50% off during sales. For example I got crucial pc8500for $97 and the next time I looked it was $149...10% more or less really isnt an incentive.

You need a few more useful choices in your poll, for example: -other memory is just as good, -I buy what is on sale, -I don't need memory now becuase we all just bought Q6600s....

I have nothing against Mushkin, but:

1) All the memory I would buy is "not available for purchase" (ie: http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=523)

2) They do not ship to Canada

3) Even if the memory was available online and could be shipped to Canada, they would need to give more then 10% to make it cheaper (when you factor in shipping and the exchange rate) then what I can buy the exact same memory for at my local computer shop.

I have used Mushkin, OCZ, patriot, crucial, value and a few others and I really haven't seen much difference between them.

My experience has been different, several times I have run into ram that just would not run. I have had issues in the past with Geil ram and right now I am RMAing some ddr2 8500 OCZ ram back to the Egg because it wont on my Asus board at any settings....from now on I'm sticking with the big guys Corsair, Crucial, etcetera....

Well I just bought some 8500 ballistix, So I am going to be good for some time.

--pak

I have nothing against Mushkin, but:

1) All the memory I would buy is "not available for purchase" (ie: http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=523)

2) They do not ship to Canada

3) Even if the memory was available online and could be shipped to Canada, they would need to give more then 10% to make it cheaper (when you factor in shipping and the exchange rate) then what I can buy the exact same memory for at my local computer shop.

1 I do plan on asking them why they would even put up RAM if the weren't going to sell it next time I talk to them.

2 That tends to be an issue with a lot of american companies.

3 You're right you'd need something like 20 - 25% to cover all the extras in exchange rate and shipping and in some cases some of the lucky people here will wonder into their local PC shop and find the same thing cheaper than you find deals for it online. I have a shop near me thats the same exact same way.

More or less I made this thread to show to the people at Mushkin in case they are like nah we're not going to give you guys a discount. I can in return say to them well fine but before you say no then you should really take a look at this link. This thread was also to inform you guys what might be coming your way if a company was nice enough to kick us down a deal.

So in closing I'd like to thank everyone up front that reads, posts, and votes on this thread.

[End of Fiction]

Would this apply to uk buyers? Im looking to buy 3-4gb of quality ddr2 in the next month or so and im looking to try a lesser known brand instead of the usual corsair, crucial's im used to. 10% off could sway me

I would buy if a) they where cheaper than crucial
and
b) They did them in the UK, as I haven't seen them on sale here.

Back