• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM upgrade for HP dv6000t (laptop)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TruSlice

Registered
Okay, so it's labor day weekend and I've finally decided to get some more RAM for my notebook.

I have an HP dv6000t and specs are as follows:

Core 2 Duo @ 2.0ghz
1 Gb (dual channel; 2x512) DDR,2 667FSB ect (HP's stock RAM, which are rather fast)

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 256mb dedicated graphics

80gb HD @ 5400rpm's (will be upgrading later)

Basically, if this tells you anything, I'm looking for faster performance, yet I have no idea how different installing laptop RAM is.

Newegg, Tiger Direct, ect, all the usual places should be having sales this labor day weekend, was just wondering if you guys know of any good deals on some good new notebook RAM.

And I am looking for quality performance, right now this is my gaming rig (for now), I know it's nothing special, but it does the trick with suprising satisfactory. I am also a regular on Battlefield 2142 (and tired of getting PW3ned by lack of performance).

I will also be checking on deals and bring them up as I go.

:bday:

Installing laptop ram is the same as installing desktop ram. Go buy some laptop ram and just put it into the slot.

Check if you have 3 ram slots, that way you don't have to buy a matching pair, unless you want to?

Yeah, I'm looking at these Corsair's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145157

They sound like they might be it, price/performance wise, but I there is one thing that caught my eye; they don't have heat spreaders.

Would I really need to have it?

My lappy does get fairly hot when gaming, but if it a $50 premium or whatever, I suppose it's not really worth it.

Well that settles it, I'm gonna get these unless somebody has any rejections...

Thanks for your help!

Oh, one other thing!

My friend has an Apple Macbook, Core Duo build (not core 2), with only 512mb memory. The one when they first released Intel Dual-core for Macs; June 2006 build I think.

Could I give her my old RAM and would they work?

Back