• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35-DS3P OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v4npro

Hello, just got a question to ask. I just got a GA-P35-DS3P motherboard. I'm trying to overclock my Q6600 and for some reason no matter what settings I put, my PC boots 3 times to reset the bios settings. Nothing can be stable for the OC I assume. So does anyone know how to do it?

I got watercooling, and 4 OCZ Plat. ram. aswell.

Thanks alot. :)

Thanks for welcoming me. Well I tried to set the memory timings manually. I set them to 4-4-4-15, there are some options that are on AUTO for my memory which I leave. I also put the ddr voltage to +0.2. Don't know what else to do. You think the reason was cause of the memory not set right? thats why the pc reboots 3 times to set the bios back to default?

(Setting the memory voltage is the DDR + w/e right? , this is my first time OCing)

what are the settings of your OC? what is FSB?, vcore?, memory multiplier?

with 4 sticks you may also need to give a bit more voltage to the NB.

mulitplier: 9
host freq: 340
SPD: is on auto, but i tried 3.00
ddr overvoltage control: +0.2
pci-e: +0.2
(G)mch: +0.2
cpu voltage: 1.46250
fsb voltage: +0.2

now is the ddr overvoltage control how to set the memory voltage, i.e. 2.2v ?

and I think its my memory timmings and voltages thats causing the problem, but i cant find out which settings i need to change. :/

Last edited:
If you have Ballistix you need to set your DDR OV control to +0.4v (1.8v is the default).

Set SPD to 2.0. Set timings to 4-4-4-12...all other timings to auto.

Leave the rest of your voltages the same, but you may be able to reduce them later.

test.jpg

is that good settings?

So the memory freq, and stuff looks good? Now just to shoot for higher speed, I just change the cpu host freq. and up the voltage? just those 2 things?

Also thats for the help!! :p

To do it right, I'd leave the multi at 8 for now, and try to get your FSB up to 400. Then play w/ your (G)mch, and fsb voltage. You may be able to lower them and still be stable at 400. Check w/ Prime95 (quad). Once you know your FSB is good and stable at 400, then up your multi to 9, and keep upping your Vcore steadily until it boots (it may boot already). Keep going until your P95 stable, but keep a watch on temps. 75* is safe, and 85* may be acceptable, but since your under water I'd expect lower temps.

Ok, I will do that. :) So the (G)mch and fsb voltage, should be at the same voltage, and increase the same rate? And up the vcore when upping the FSB?

Thats the last things need to know, and I really appreciated the help.

Leave your mch, and fsb voltages where they're at, and leave your multi at 8. You should be able to increase your FSB to 400. Once there test for stability for at least an hour (unless cores start to fail). Then you can try lowering the mch, and fsb voltages and see if stability holds. You may be able to run at 400 w/ both of these voltages at stock. Make sure to test a good 8 hours or more for stability once you think you have a good setting.

Then increase your multi to 9, and if it won't boot, keep upping Vcore until it does boot. Don't go too high, though. 1.5v should at least allow you to boot. Once you can boot keep testing stability, increasing Vcore to help you out if you need to. If you're already stable then start lowering Vcore until your not stable, and then go back up a notch. Use the same stability testing methodology as above.

Back