• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haven't done this in a while and having some trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danzio

I just upgraded my old AMD Barton to the system in my sig and I am having trouble with high heat. I am currently running 266 bus speed with all other options set to auto. The system seems stable but running prime95 or OCCT immediately shoots the temps up to over 70c (according to "CORE TEMP"). Idle they are around 55. I have lapped both the CPU and the heat sink and used a thin coating of AS5 (a rice grain size with a credit card spread) and I am confident the heat sink is seated properly, I checked it very carefully. Ambient temps are about 80F (27C.) in my room right now.

BTW I tried to update the bios with a download from Gigabytes website, the download is the f3 version and their comment is that is better for overclocking, but when I try the update using the QFlash utility I get a "BIOS ID checksum error". How do I know what BIOS revision I am running now?

BTW when I go to the PC Health view in BIOS it reports my system temp at 48C. and my CPU temp at 44C.

I really need someone to walk me through this whole process. I have searched the web for info. regarding my CPU/MOBO combo but can't really find much.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Back