• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b - which speed anymore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nebben

Ok, so I admit I'm not planning on overclocking, and if I do, I don't see me trying to push more than 10% higher than stock BE-2350 speed.

Anyway, I've neglected my OC rig for years, and just recently sold it and now only have an itty bitty webserver and lappy386. I'm having a hard time being able to do work on lappy, so I'm planning on building a loooow budget PC with as many corners cut as possible.

When I last bought memory in the pre-myspace days, I bought it based on FSB. Now, with the BE-2350, I just see HT bus speed. Ok, so that doesn't help. THe motherboard I'm looking at (ECS AMD690GM-M2) on newegg says DDR2 800 . Is this a recommendation, or is this what I'll need to run this CPU/MB combo ? If it is a recommendation, what speed can I go down to?

Muchas gracias y'all.

ddr2 533, 667, 800, pretty much any DDR2 would be fine. I'd stick with DDR2 800 for the memory bandwidth.

Back