• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows recognizes usb floppy drive + sata raid floppy during install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shwick

I'm going to be installing sata raid on a new computer and I don't want to remove my old floppy drive. Assuming I'm using a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 and a Windows XP Pro SP2 install cd, will windows recognize my usb floppy drive when I need to install the sata raid drivers?

It will be a huge pain to remove my old floppy drive from all those neatly organized IDE cables.

I'm sorry i don't quite understand :-
You have your old floppy ??
Plus you have usb drive??

so you can use either the floppy that came with your mobo or download & put drivers on usb or a floppy

Yes- I have an old floppy drive installed and buried under IDE cables, and I have a new external usb floppy drive. I already know about downloading/installing the sata raid drivers on a floppy disk, but will windows recognize the usb floppy DRIVE?

i.e. when windows says "insert floppy disk so that I can search for drivers" during install, will it search on my external usb floppy drive?

Back