• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with memory. Looks like it's running slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notluzn

Registered
I need to help. I thought my memory should be running at 800MHz not 400MHz what do I need to do or is this normal?
computercpuzrn7.png

memory1iv9.png

OK I set things to spec in the BIO's but somethings don't show on CPU-Z
I have it set to 2.2vlts 4-4-4-15 1T and 800MHz but still shows 2T and 400MHz. CPU-Z must not pick that up or something

400MHz is right. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz, DDR2-667 runs at 333MHz, etc.

Not sure why 1T isn't showing up. It looks like your RAM is rated for 1.8v according to CPU-Z...what is the voltage rating listed on the stick, or on the manufacturer website? I wouldn't think you'd need to pump in 2.2v if you're running it at stock speed.

400MHz is right. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz, DDR2-667 runs at 333MHz, etc.

Not sure why 1T isn't showing up. It looks like your RAM is rated for 1.8v according to CPU-Z...what is the voltage rating listed on the stick, or on the manufacturer website? I wouldn't think you'd need to pump in 2.2v if you're running it at stock speed.

I also noticed that my Clock on my processor is running 6X. Not sure how to change that in CMOS. Im looking but see nothing about changing the multplier

That is just speedstep kicking in to save power. It will jump back up to 8x when you put a load on the CPU. You can disable this in the BIOS if you like, so that it'll always stay at 8x. To do this disable C1E and EIST (Speedstep).

That is just speedstep kicking in to save power. It will jump back up to 8x when you put a load on the CPU. You can disable this in the BIOS if you like, so that it'll always stay at 8x. To do this disable C1E and EIST (Speedstep).

Thanks.. looking for the EIST though. got the C1E disabled

It may be listed as "speedstep", or it might not be in there at all. My BIOS doesn't have it either...some do. Check CPU-Z again, and see what it says at idle.

Back