• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a safe easy overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notluzn

Registered
I was wonderng what I can do to overclock my ASUS PK5-E WIFI, E6750 Intel to get up to 3.0ghz.
I messed with the FSB and changed it from 333 to 340 and got 2727.8 MHz.

What do I need to change to bump it up to 3.0?

IMHO, Overclocking isn't 'safe'. Especially if you don't know what you're doing. But so far, I've managed to not burn up my cpu. You have an excellent mobo and cpu for ocing from what i've read.

Creep up the fsb until you get the speed you want. There is also a multiplier you can adjust. I don't know your board, but if you set it for 10x, simply set the fsb to 300. Yours is set for 8 right now. If you don't want to mess with the multi, set the fsb to 375, and you will have 3000ghz. You probably won't need any voltage changes for that small of an oc. It's very conservative.

Watch your temperatures, especially in Arizona!! If you need to increase voltage, do so in the smallest increments your mobo allows. What are you using for cooling?

I'm also an OCing noob. I'm sure some of the more experienced folks will chime in and give you better advise.

You should be able to get it up to 3.6ghz with 1.4 volt no problem with that chip. What are you using for cooling? If stock hsf, just watch your heat.

And it's actually kinda hard to fry your cpu. As long as you keep the voltage bellow 1.5 and heat in check you'll be ok. I've oced for years and never had a chip chunk out on me. They also last beyond my upgrade cycles which is about every 18 months.

I was wonderng what I can do to overclock my ASUS PK5-E WIFI, E6750 Intel to get up to 3.0ghz.

Set your FSB to 375MHz, I bet it boots up and run perfect without even need to give any voltages.

BTW I ran an uber clocked Athlon for about 3 years no problem and many other CPU before that and none of them ever died. The Athlon is still running and has retired to powering my parent's email rig now. You just need to make sure you stick below some voltage margins and keep temps in check.

Last edited:

be sure to lock you pci and pci-e pci at 33 pci-e at 100 other wise you'll have problems
Rich

Back