• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 5000X Overclocking data?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I'm looking for overclocking data on Intel's 5000X chipset. I've heard that they don't o/c since they're a server chipset, but I want to know specifics. What type of bios settings do the different manufacturers provide in their variants? (Iwill, Supermicro, Tyan, Asus). Are there freely selectable FSB/MEM that go past 333? How do they respond to software fsb manipulation? Have any reached 400+ fsb? What type of voltage selection is available? Information pertaining to questions of this nature will be helpful.

I'm also wondering when Intel plans on releasing a dual socket 775, like they did with the older 6xx sockets.

Howdy, I doubt if you will find many options in a server chipset based mobo...not enough demand.
As far as dual 775's I don't see that happening any time soon either, unless they hit a wall with regards to performance..and at the present, they have a ton of head room with the switch to 45nm proc's. Rather instead, I think they will increase the amount of cores over time. ;>)

I'm also wondering when Intel plans on releasing a dual socket 775, like they did with the older 6xx sockets.
I heard someone say that they can't do dual sockets with the 775, but they never specified and I haven't heard anything since. No clue why they can't :confused:

yes LGA775 is not setup to be run in a SMP config, if you need more the one cpu on a board you need to look at the LGA771's. now if you want to oc you can still pad mod these, the thing is though you will have to use 1066 fsb cpus to mod them to 1333. thats going to be about it though.........

Back