• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI mobo ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

I havnt been keeping up as much the last few months and I was wondering what the cheapest SLI mobo is that will do 450 and still have dual 16x lanes.

Most of the cheap ones like the 650i's are 8 and 8 and I dont really want that. Huge FSB isnt a real concern either, probably sit around 400 with my e6600 thats here collecting dust. I ran into a deal for a couple 7900gto's so i said what the hell ! Problem is I dont want to spend alot on a mobo and am debating on selling one of the gto's and just getting a cheap P35 mobo... kind of torn, I know with my tastes I will want both card when dealing with 1680x1050 with AA and coming from a 8800gtx, but on the other hand I dont game that much anymore anyway.

Right now I am just having a hard time finding the mobo that will do 16 on both lanes and not cost $160+

haha funny thing is I got rid of mine already lmao

does anyone know if two 7900gtos will be bottlenecked at 8x instead of 16x?

I understand maybe certain benchmarks may show small percentage lower, my concern is mostly with gaming though.

Last edited:
Back