• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Decision on my mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im finaling deciding on getting the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013

but everyone is saying that there are heat problems and stuff is this true ?

:bang head

The 600 series are known to run hot but if you want to do SLI, that IS the board to get. treatmentx (a member here) has his Q6600 running at 3.8GHz with it after a vdroop pencil mod. If you do not need SLI and want cooler then go with a P35 (GA-P35-DS3R, ABIT IP35, or Asus P5K Premium).

ill just get that since ocing with it is amazing hx for help

If your going for SLI and gaming, the difference is pretty noticeable as opposed to a single card. I just ordered that same EVGA mobo with 2 GTS's Ill find benchmarks if you want them.

If your going for SLI and gaming, the difference is pretty noticeable as opposed to a single card. I just ordered that same EVGA mobo with 2 GTS's Ill find benchmarks if you want them.

Well, there should be a disclaimer on this comment.

"noticeable" is defined at strickly resolutions greater than 1600x1200.

I would think if you want to spend the money on SLI, you would go at least 2 GTX's. As 2 GTS's will only perform marginally better in certain situations than a single GTX. While others see a single GTX (cheaper) perform better than the 2 GTS's.

Back