• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSDs Come Of Age . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

"SSDs Come Of Age . . . "

So what about hybrid drives that everyone (Microsoft, Samsung, Hitachi) was talking up? Only seems like a logical step between the uber expensive SSD's and rust...
Maybe just adding a giant cache/buffer doesn't end up yielding the performance improvement everyone was hoping for and it isn't worth it? Seems like a good idea to me...:shrug:

With the rapid downward pricing in flash memory it is logical that these ssd's will become more affordable. Unfortunately the pricing seems to remain at the $1,000+ level even after 3 years of component price reductions.

Yeah the pricing is up there otherwise I'd be on this with the decent sized 128Gigs coming soon. Just those $1000+ Prices even for the 64Gig models really suck.

I mean if we can go out today and even get 2Gig of Micro SD card for under $30 you'd since the chips are surly bigger than whats in that even it should defiantly be affordable to us in the near future. Since those have to come at a nice price premium just because its so small even though thats dirt cheap.

Back