• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest 2GB Flash Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Any suggestions?

I have an A-DATA 512MB thumb drive now, and it is reliable...i mean real reliable...it's been through the washer and driver several times and still works like new.

but it is only 512MB and it's kinda slow.

so I'd like to get a fast 2GB for under $35...encryption is not needed, but rather an added bonus

i have a 2gb san disk micro .... it owns i get about 1.9 gb from readyboost .... they have a titanium one too idk about it though the plastic already gets a little hot when using readyboost..... but yea thats my 2 cents.... btw did i say i <3 it?

i don't have/like Vista...so readyboost is irrelevant to me.

but i have heard that sandisk micro's were screamin'

This probably isn't the greatest review either, but I have a Corsair Flash Voyager GT that I got for around $30 shipped and it is pretty damn fast. I don't really know how fast you need it but I transfer 1 gig files on and off of it in about 40 seconds or so.

This probably isn't the greatest review either, but I have a Corsair Flash Voyager GT that I got for around $30 shipped and it is pretty damn fast. I don't really know how fast you need it but I transfer 1 gig files on and off of it in about 40 seconds or so.

Corsair flash drive is not durable. One bad move and usb part might seperate from the flash drive. Ocz rally 2 is more durable and has similar performance to corsair. I ran hdtune and got 16-18mb/s under xp and 18-20mb/s under vista for both drives. I think crucial gizmo jr gets about 14mb/s but that's a small drive

013144.jpg

Back