• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Raid ICH8R vs ICH9R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CJ145

Currently I have a P5B Deluxe which uses the ICH8R and I am thinking of getting a new X38 board when it comes out. The X38 boards use the ICH9R south bridge and I was wondering if I would be able to move my ICH8R raid array onto the ICH9R without any problems. I have a lot of stuff on it and it would be really nice to not have to restore it all.

Should be OK, many have done migrating raid from ICH8R to ICH9R (P35) by just plugging the drives.

Of course I have to admit never seen X38 result yet, but since its on ICH9R, IMO it is a very safe assumption.

But again, none can't beat a proper external backup when tweaking with the main storage.

-

Thanks. :)

I have a backup of all my data but it will be nice not to have to reinstall windows and go through all the steps to restore a gentoo backup.

Back