• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap C2D board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want Matrix RAID you'll have to look at a slightly higher end model. Vdroop damper option in the BIOS will cost you as well. The higher end boards have a lot of extra BIOS options which diehard OCers will appreciate, but if you want a simple solution then that is an excellent deal.

I'm a RAID guy, but besides that the other boards are not worth the extra cash they cost.

Well forget RAID I am doing RAID 0 and it is a PITA I am going back to a single drive. Are the voltage regulation and extra BIOS settings worth the extra cash. I was actually planning on the PRO version until I saw this price.

The IP35-E does not have firewire or RAID. The IP35-E and IP35 both only have one 16X PCI-E slot. There is some minor chipset cooling differences too. Check out the link listed below for a thread that discusses the difference.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=524682

I don't really have a immediate need for firewire nor a second PCI-E slot. The cooling however is important and that is one thing I noticed. It appears the E has AL HS's where the others have CU. Buying a vanillia board is totally against my normal way of buying hardware but budget is tight right now. Humm... maybe I should just hold off. I am yet to determine if I need to upgrade my Opty anyway.

Keep the responses comming!

The cooling is fine on the board you first chose, it has heat sinks in all the right places, just doesnt have "The pipe". If you have good case cooling then you dont need "The Pipe" for that 1-2c difference.

The cooling is fine on the board you first chose, it has heat sinks in all the right places, just doesnt have "The pipe". If you have good case cooling then you dont need "The Pipe" for that 1-2c difference.

Antec 900. My current Asus has "the pipe" and I think it runs as hot as ones w/o "the pipe."

Humm... but I think the Pro is my best bet b/c I use dual LAN a good bit.

Last edited:
Back