• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with OC'ing memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DynastySS

Registered
I just bought 4 sticks of Crucial Ballistix 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400).

First off, I think windows only recognizes 3.5 gbs, well at least that is what it says in system info.

Anyways, I have been ocing my comp for a while but now I just upgraded my memory from 533 to 800. I upped my FSB from 1400 to 1500. I also bumped the memories fhz to 900, and the memory voltage to 2.178. The timing is 4-4-4-12.

My question is this, when I go to cpu-z it looks like this...
Untitled-1-2.jpg

Does that mean I screwed up and it is running at 450, or is "dual" so it actually is 900? Also, what should I do to push my system more?

Thanks.

if your running xp/vista 32bit it will only recognize 3.5gbs with 4gbs installed.
your pic is really hard to read.if cpuz is showing 450 then yes its running @900mhz effective.

if your running xp/vista 32bit it will only recognize 3.5gbs with 4gbs installed.
your pic is really hard to read.if cpuz is showing 450 then yes its running @900mhz effective.

Yeah that is correct - 32bit operating systems have a limit of 4gig RAM, but practically it will limit you to about 3.5 gigs, some people have even been limited to 2.75.

Any 64 bit OS should pick up the 4gigs total

LOL that is such a tiny picture - you resized it in paint, didn't you?

To push for more, you will need to relax the timings, try 5-5-5-15. Also, increase the volts - I wouldn't go any higher than 2.1-2.3V for 24/7

Back