• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA A1 680i...Computer Posts...Doesnt go to start up and OS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lostmantech

Registered
Hey Guys,

Weird little situation here, built my rig and got everything up and running fine. No hitches or anything and I was really glad cause this was my first build so I like to think I did a good job. But now I've noticed that when i turn my computer on it posts, but then doesnt automatically go to the OS starup menu. It posts, lists my cpu, frequency, and hard drives, no error msg and the F1 to continue, f10 to enter bios prompt.

Now when I hit hit F1 it starts up fine no problems so I'm just wondering if I am missing a setting or something where it will not prompt me and just go to desktop.

My boot priority is set to HDD first so I dont think it's trying to boot from a CD.

I have an EVGA A1 680i mobo.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Lost

Only, F1 to continue? Does it also say something like "HDD order changed"?

I'm not sure about the EVGA, but some of the other NForce chipsets do that if you add a flash drive, even if it will boot from the hard drive before it gets to the flash drive in the boot order. Anything that changes the boot order priority generates that message.

I know what it is :)

You need to go to the very upper right menu in the BIOS and set floppy to "Disabled". That problem is annoying :D

ya i had my cable in wrong (on the floppy, i just guessed which way to put it in) and i kept getting the floppy disc fail (40), i flipped the cable and it starts up with np.

ya i had my cable in wrong (on the floppy, i just guessed which way to put it in) and i kept getting the floppy disc fail (40), i flipped the cable and it starts up with np.
What is "floppy" again???? :confused:

:D

Back