• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus PK5-E vs Abit IP-35 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billy T

I've recently done a new build (some of the problems I had can be found here). I've had a faulty motherboard and was looking to change it (get it replaced). Basically the main (A1) DIMM socket on the motherboard is dead. I can't install any memory on it with it booting staright after. The trouble is that thi was my first Asus board and now I am not sure if I want to replace it with another Asus (although I know this could happen to any manufacturer).

So it's either a slightly better version of my faulty motherboard PK5-E or an Abit IP-35 Pro. I was going to go for the latter, however, a lot of google information revealed its weakness with regards to BIOS update. I am not too sure how they compare to Asus as they haven't been used by as many people.

Has anyone got any clue/suggestion here for me? I am not interested in major overclocking, just a stable home for my Q6600 and the 4GB of Crucial RAM (PC2-8500) to live in.

I've been using Abit for years and have a IP35 on the way right now. The IP35 Pro is definitely good. Some of my benchmarking team comrades are successfully using the IP35 Pro. I think the Asus P5K Premium is thought to be one of the best though and I've seen crazy overclocks with it.

well i have the asus p5k-e and its a solid board all expect for the esata sux really bad dont even bother plugging anything into its worthless,being that i use a large ex-hdd and would like to use a esata port and this one sux i plan to rma it..

Ive always had ASUS boards. They have always been good. I sold my P5N32-E SLI Plus and bought a Abit IP35 Pro. I was amazed by the better quality the abit board was. Ive had no problems with it.

Back