• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGANT! NEED OPINIONS! QUESTIONS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viol8ted

Ok. I killed my asus p5b-deluxe board. I won't go into how I did it, but its dead. Now I'm in the market for a replacement. I was looking at the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 or another Asus board. I've read that the Asus p5k Premium has issues with sata 3.0 and WD which happens to be what I have. My question is: Has anyone had any on hand experience with the p35-DQ6? Does it overclock well? What board would you replace the p5b with? Basically my spec's will stay the same just new board. Spec's in sig. Thanks!

You know my opinion. ;) P5K all the way. Although I don't know of the WD issues you mentioned. I would imagine WD drives would work...no way would Asus release a mobo that wouldn't work with WD drives, but what do I know. :p

Abit P35-Pro review in sig, kinda stopped with it since im still waiting to read about good ocing results with newer bios's. as it stands the first bios for the ip35 is still the best ocing bios out, IMO. the major OCing teams that have set WR's majority of them have been on IP35-pro's.

Back