• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCForums IRC Channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick0984

No clue if there is one. I think it'd be cool if we did have one.

In the meantime, I started a channel named #ocforums on EFNet. I personally connect to the server with irc.blackened.com, but that is US Midwest server I believe, and they have a ton.

Come join! Or even better, direct me to the official channel so I can join!

hmm.. good idea ! Its been a long time since my last IRC.

OT, any idea what is the current best "freeware & not ad-ware" IRC client ? :D

hmm.. good idea ! Its been a long time since my last IRC.

OT, any idea what is the current best "freeware & not ad-ware" IRC client ? :D

I use Irssi from a 24/7 linux shell. It keeps it up in screen even when I'm away, so I am always idling. I could direct you towards a pretty good deal with getting one for free if you aren't able to.

unnoficial is at

#octeams
irc.zirc.org

I hopped on there, and I don't recognize a single one of the names on there. I was hoping it would be more of a just our little home kinda thing instead of a shared channel amongst other forums maybe? Which is what this kinda looks like.

I could be 100% wrong though, I had no idea this existed :confused:

If forced to use Windows, I'd use X-Chat. There is a windows port of the native linux program that is free and pretty decent.

I hopped on there, and I don't recognize a single one of the names on there. I was hoping it would be more of a just our little home kinda thing instead of a shared channel amongst other forums maybe? Which is what this kinda looks like.

I could be 100% wrong though, I had no idea this existed :confused:

Mostly forum members with a few Zirc people. More old school forum members since it has not been posted on the forums in a while. Say hello and be nice;) octeams refers to the folding/seti/benchmarking teams.

zirc is becoming problems with connection drops and ping outs and its just getting annoying.

I think moving the server is the best idea.

I have not had any problems whatsoever. And it is not in consideration anyways. Please leave the Zirc vs. Syn thing out of this thread.

Since the channel/network being discussed is for the Folding/SETI Teams, my new channel will not be a duplicate.

#OCF is now active on the SynIRC network. This is a G rated channel just like the OCForums.

For mIRC users, follow these directions to automatically join the SynIRC server network:

1. Go to Tools, then Options

2. Under Connect-Servers, click Add

3. Description: SynIRC
IRC server: irc.synirc.com
Port: 6667
Group: SynIRC
Click Add

4. Under Connect-Options, you may use your standard perform commands, such as "/ns identify password" and to join channels. use /J #OCF

5. Click Ok. Close and restart IRC to see if it works.

Once you are on the SynIRC network simply join the channel by typing /J #OCF

Since the channel/network being discussed is for the Folding/SETI Teams, my new channel will not be a duplicate.

#OCF is now active on the SynIRC network. This is a G rated channel just like the OCForums.

For mIRC users, follow these directions to automatically join the SynIRC server network:

1. Go to Tools, then Options

2. Under Connect-Servers, click Add

3. Description: SynIRC
IRC server: irc.synirc.com
Port: 6667
Group: SynIRC
Click Add

4. Under Connect-Options, you may use your standard perform commands, such as "/ns identify password" and to join channels. use /J #OCF

5. Click Ok. Close and restart IRC to see if it works.

Once you are on the SynIRC network simply join the channel by typing /J #OCF

No its not and I would apreciate if you would not try to steal the channel.

Last edited:
Back