• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit X38 mobos at the end of the month!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Best news in a long time. That Gigabyte board tested at Anand wasnt my style, and "Gigabyte high end" doesnt have the right ring to it.

Call me crazy but I like the active mosfet cooler on the DDR3 board. If they are quiet that is. Ill go for DDR2 version anyway, my mind is already made up!

Edit: Lol, the PWM fan isnt included, i was too busy drooling on the pictures

I'm glad I left ASUS also, EVGA all the way. ASUS left nothing for the quad fans on their p5n32-e platform.

That link didn't say anything about SLI, I also heard it was confirmed to not support SLI... is that still holding true, anyone know FOR SURE?

btw, good move on the active cooling and the pwm coolers IMHO. Very attractive for the enthusiast crowd.

The first mainstream SLI technology that I can remember is Alien Ware's SLI drivers that they developed for the Riva-TnT line of video cards. You where able to get a computer with like 4 video cards from them. This also came with a hugh price tag. I was still rocking my Monster 2 Voodoo card at that time.

And I was on a Intel chipset.

Someone will come out w/ hacked SLI drivers for it eventually, but for the resolution I run 2 8800's is way overkill. I do wanna see how high it can take a quad, though!

actually james i have the drivers to run 7900's in sli on any chipset, its not just for 975x.

to be clear here guys PCI-E is what makes SLI/CF, its not SLI/CF that makes PCI-E. if it werent for PCI-E begin a bi-directional bus they would have to run SLI/CF like 3DFX did back in the day. well they still techinally are with a brigde from card to card, but with pci-e its gives them a larger Bandwith to use.

Please lets not clutter this thread with more of "OMG NO SLI ON INTEL CHIPSET!" posts.

Last edited:
So your saying it is impossible for someone to release hacked SLI drivers for the X38 chipset?

Of course this assumes SLI won't be supported natively which seems to be the current rumor.

Edit: you beat me Evilsizer

Nice, I think Ive just seen my next board. (need another one anyhow) Now I just have to hope I dont have to wait to long in my part of the world.

Thanks for the link Evil

Lots of X38 boards coming fast now! Some of Kompletts European stores have the Gigabyte X38-DQ6 listed already, so i thought i check the main Komplett site (in Norway), and they already list 5 boards, 3 Asus and 2 Gigabyte, no info yet, just prices, and only DQ6 has picture, and no Abit yet. The Asus boards is high price, as expected, probably full of useless gadgets like the P5W-DH was, just made me even more sure that Abit X38 QuadGT is the board for me.

The boards are:
Asus Maximus Formula
Asus P5E WS PRO
Asus P5E3 Deluxe/WIFI-AP
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5

http://www.komplett.no/k/kl.aspx?bn=10492

Board looks nice. Might be good choice if I want upgrade to x38 chipest. Anyways I am pretty sure I will never buy any asus board.

I knew since June that I wanted the new upcoming Abit IX38, but I figured it would not be available until October and not really usable for advanced overclocking until the first BIOS revision (maybe November). Figures that as soon as I ordered an IP35 to hold me over, they would announce something like this.

Actually, the more I think about it, the article said, "ABIT expect to start shipping these motherboards at the end of this month." So, maybe they start shipping during last week September or maybe the first week October. It's a slow boat from Asia from what I remember last time when I was waiting for my AW9D Max, then they have to ship from the port to the retailers, meaning it won't physically be available for another 2-3 weeks. So, we are still looking at mid to late October before newegg will have 'em in stock.

Then we are still looking at another month for the first BIOS update. Maybe I wasn't far off from my initial gut feelings after all?

Last edited:
I knew since June that I wanted the new upcoming Abit IX38, but I figured it would not be available until October and not really usable for advanced overclocking until the first BIOS revision (maybe November). Figures that as soon as I ordered an IP35 to hold me over, they would announce something like this.

Actually, the more I think about it, the article said, "ABIT expect to start shipping these motherboards at the end of this month." So, maybe they start shipping during last week September or maybe the first week October. It's a slow boat from Asia from what I remember last time when I was waiting for my AW9D Max, then they have to ship from the port to the retailers, meaning it won't physically be available for another 2-3 weeks. So, we are still looking at mid to late October before newegg will have 'em in stock.

Then we are still looking at another month for the first BIOS update. Maybe I wasn't far off from my initial gut feelings after all?
i think your only off about the ocing of the mobo. the IP35-pro with the first bios was already a hit out of the door... I think abit is on the right track now the only thing bios updates seem to be doing is fixing small bugs and adding macrocode updates for new cpus.

Yeah, the IP35 series definitely worked with the first BIOS. Let's hope Abit pulls it off again. That would be really cool.

Back