• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga NF63-TR VS NF68-T1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hes not asking the difference between A1 and T1 but you would be correct if he was,

the mobo in question is the 680i (special edition) engineered for overclocking core 2 duos.
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/122-CK-NF63.pdf

I called eVGA about this and argued with them because they couldnt give me a straight answer. From what the guy said, it does have quad core support but it wont OC them very well, so I asked him if it was like an old rev 680i that wouldnt hit high fsb without the mod. He replied yes but it will still clock dual cores just fine and has quad core support. Then he contradicted himself buy saying there was no different between this mobo and the A1/T1 and I really couldnt get a answer out of him if infact these are without the gtl mod that made the later A1 and T1 such great quad clockers. I also asked if it was "so specially engineered for overclocking dual core" then whats different between this mobo and the A1/T1 and he couldnt tell me squat. Again from what I figure they havnt or cant perform the gtl mod on these mobos so they release them as somewhat cheaper and advertise them as dual core overclockers that have quad support, that basically wont clock much over 350 with a quad. One of the shadier things eVGA has done in my opinion, but I could be wrong about it all.

Last edited:
hes not asking the difference between A1 and T1 but you would be correct if he was,

the mobo in question is the 680i (special edition) engineered for overclocking core 2 duos.
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/122-CK-NF63.pdf

I called eVGA about this and argued with them because they couldnt give me a straight answer. From what the guy said, it does have quad core support but it wont OC them very well, so I asked him if it was like an old rev 680i that wouldnt hit high fsb without the mod. He replied yes but it will still clock dual cores just fine and has quad core support. Then he contradicted himself buy saying there was no different between this mobo and the A1/T1 and I really couldnt get a answer out of him if infact these are without the gtl mod that made the later A1 and T1 such great quad clockers. I also asked if it was "so specially engineered for overclocking dual core" then whats different between this mobo and the A1/T1 and he couldnt tell me squat. Again from what I figure they havnt or cant perform the gtl mod on these mobos so they release them as somewhat cheaper and advertise them as dual core overclockers that have quad support, that basically wont clock much over 350 with a quad. One of the shadier things eVGA has done in my opinion, but I could be wrong about it all.

Thanks for making the phone call!!!

So esentially all three of these are the same freakin board??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2E16813188013,N82E16813188012,N82E16813188019

the call was made months ago when I looked into it. there's a thread on XS about it.

the two higher priced ones are identical except for warranty and accessories.

the cheapest one is the same but wont clock quads as well, it doesnt hit high fsb with quads so it leads me to believe it doesnt have the gtl mod. I dont think it has different SB or anything even though they advertise it as special 680 se chipset lol

the call was made months ago when I looked into it. there's a thread on XS about it.

the two higher priced ones are identical except for warranty and accessories.

the cheapest one is the same but wont clock quads as well, it doesnt hit high fsb with quads so it leads me to believe it doesnt have the gtl mod. I dont think it has different SB or anything even though they advertise it as special 680 se chipset lol

What is GTL?

LOL, leads me to believe you have no idea what it stands for either...

You must work for Dell tech support, cause when I ask a question, they just send me a link with the "so called" answer, without really just answering it...

Funny stuff.

So no one knows what GTL stand for??? Real funny.

Reason being, is that when someone would to ask me why I need to change the GTL voltages on his quad, and they ask, "What is it?", I can give them an intelligent answer, instead of a stupid link that does nothing for me..

Plenty of references to the GTL, but nothing telling me what it is, and what it stands for....

Again, LOL.

I know exactly what it is and its all over the links I put in my previous posts, instead of pointing fingers and calling people names and covering up your own laziness by trying to make believe someone is not as intelligent as you to make yourself feel better, try reading a little.

And for those who want to kept in the no....

Gunning Transceiver Logic

<hahahahaha...lazy?.....hahahahahahah>

congrats you actually did something instead of asking someone else for a change. now all you have to do is stop insulting people and taking credit for the answers you got from other because you were to lazy to answer your own questions :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back