• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

update msi board bios (650i)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rajanm1

i have got a msi 650i motherboard but have vista installed which is not supported by the msi bios update. :mad:
how do i update the bios? :confused:
thanks

i have tried to check the website but have not yet found anything useful on how to :confused:

i have read through it twice and all it says about bios updates is that you should look on the msi website.....not very useful at all.
any help please??:confused::bang head:confused:

bump, still nothing and the msi guys are walking me around in circles!! not very useful at all!!

please sticky!!

Sorry, Liveupdate can support Vista 32 bit for the time being though it will support Vista 64 bit in the future.

Under this circumstance, you may flash BIOS with a bootable USB disc. Here's how:
1. Please create a USB bootable disc with SP27213 http://h50178.www5.hp.com/support/470035-692/more_info_local_17019.html , you may download the needed DOS files from given link:
ftp://ftp.msi.com.tw/
Tools/Dos System Files/.

2. Please save BIOS file "A7350NMS.230" and flash utility "afud408.exe" into the said USB disc; (available from the MSI website under bios downloads)

3. restart your PC and boot from the USB Disk. wait aprox 30 seconds and then Key in "afud408 A7350NMS.230";(NO " ")

4. Finish BIOS flash following the prompt on the screen.

Best regards,
MSI Technical Support

Back