• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Twin2x1024-6400C4 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jasonaerts

Hello to all =)

I was wondering if any of you have this same ram, and if you do what kind of OC's have you been able to get?

Please post your timings Mhz, voltages and such. Or any recommendation for a safe OC would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Most guys OCing the C4 versions set the timings to 5,5,5,15, command rate to 2T and voltage to 2.1v. They typically get about DDR900-950 or so. It's not guaranteed of course but it's pretty consistent.

Most guys OCing the C4 versions set the timings to 5,5,5,15, command rate to 2T and voltage to 2.1v. They typically get about DDR900-950 or so. It's not guaranteed of course but it's pretty consistent.

This may sound stupid but:

Running at 5,5,5,15 at 900-950mhz would be faster then the 4,4,4,12 timings at 800mhz?
and if you dont mind, how big a deal is the T1-T2 setting for ram performance?

It all depends really. If you can get a faster CPU speed, then 900 to 950 is a great advantage over a lower CPU speed at DDR800, regardless of timings. The actual memory bandwidth benchmarks might not be all that different but, the extra CPU cycles from the OC will work wonders.

Command rate is not a big deal. The ONLY way to see the difference between 1T and 2T is with benchmarks. You cannot discern it with the naked eye in real world usage.

It all depends really. If you can get a faster CPU speed, then 900 to 950 is a great advantage over a lower CPU speed at DDR800, regardless of timings. The actual memory bandwidth benchmarks might not be all that different but, the extra CPU cycles from the OC will work wonders.

Command rate is not a big deal. The ONLY way to see the difference between 1T and 2T is with benchmarks. You cannot discern it with the naked eye in real world usage.

Thank you for the Info and taking the time to help me out "Yellowbeard MXS" i am a bit confused about faster cpu speed though? Ill update my SIG, perhaps that will help :)

Back