• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuniq Tower 120+EVGA 680i MB=Death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T.N.D.

Registered
I got my system up and running last week, everything installed including Bioshock, BF2 and even FEAR.
I decide to move my Tower to it's perminate posistion next to my desk, I gently pick it up and move it, knowing that the TT120 is a pretty hefty Cooler, I push the PWR button and zip, I get the "Double Digits of Death".
Oh well, live and learn, my new MB is set to be delevered this monday, so no TT120 this go around, gonna stick with stock cooling for now, I'm not OCing so it should be fine for now.

well there is that rather large cap on the back of the board. some backplates either dont allow correct contact cause of that .... might look at getting a different back plate then.

I'm thinking the TT flexed the board and the backplate made contact with a componate pin on the back, it's the only thing i could figure out what killed my MB, because after I moved it it came up dead.

If it is true, then this is the 1st time I see that a heavy HSF ruined a mobo.

OT, I'm using the same HSF too, click my sig at "Are you HHH ?" on how I managed the woobling and stressing mobo problem with my TT120. ;)

-

Last edited:
If it is true, then this is the 1st time I see that a heavy HSF ruined a mobo.

OT, I'm using the same HSF too, click my sig at "Are you HHH ?" on how I managed the woobling and stressing mobo problem with heavy HSF.
Well you yourself said "Without that supporting tower, my Tuniq will tilt down because of it's weight about 2 mm measured from the edge", and another poster said "i don't like how it wobbles", so theres a good chance that if I jolted it just a little to hard it could have put undo stress on my MB. Mind you I'm not %100 sure that what did it but it sure points that way.

But I do have a question about the TT for ya, did all four retention screws go in easy? 1 of them always binded, very hard to screw in, I even broke 2 screw heads off, 1 screwing in and the other removing 1.
After the first screw broke I took the backplate off and one by one I screwed a screw into all 4 corners of the backplate and they went in smoothly, one allways seems to bind.

All of my 4 screws went smoothly down, that problem one of yours could have busted thread either at the screw or at one of the backplate screwing hole. :(

Mine does that w/ a ultra 120-extreme. Try moving the HS around a lil, and it'll boot fine I am guessing, mine does. Seems that somehow it's making the mobo or processor ground out.

Back