• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock four gig's of Corsair ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chartercableguy

So I have a question about how to properly overclock my four gig’s of Corsair Dominator 1066 (PC2 8500) memory. But before I ask how to, let me first tell you what I have in my system;

For the motherboard I have a: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard.

For the processor I have a: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor.

For the power supply I have a: COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-850-EMBA ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply.

I am not sure if any other information is needed, if it is please reply and tell me what else I need to include and I will. Now that you know what I am running, let me explain what I am hoping to accomplish by overclocking my memory.

First off, my memory currently only runs at 800mhz when I start my computer up, and since I bought 1066mhz memory, that’s what I would prefer to run at. Secondly, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit, and my Windows Vista Experience Score is 5.9 for my processor, graphics, gaming graphics, and primary hard disk. But for my memory (ram), I only score a 5.4.

I am hesitant, on my own and without instruction, to just jump into my mother board’s bios and start adjusting the memory timings and voltage around without really knowing what to set them to. That is why I have come here to inquire from those that know better than I do, what exactly I need to do and how I need to do it without burning anything up and having a fried computer on my hands.

So I will now post what I have written and await any words of encouragement and guidance I may be given :)

Welcome cableguy,

We can help but it would be alot faster if you posted up a couple of cpu-z screen shots (main & memory tab). Does this board have any kind of 'in Windows' monitoring application that would show vdimm? If so post a cap of that also. Basically what it will come down to is changing a few BIOS settings. It's more a board problem that it doesn't set the ram frequencies correctly from SPD (onboard memory programming info) so you need to adjust it manually.

Back