• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

over clock help ip35-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alanwest09872

Ill start off by stating what i have for a system
proccessor: q6600 go stepping 1.275 volts (factory)
Motherboard: abit ip35-e motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127031&Tpk=ABIT+IP35-E) to be exact
Ram: corsair 4 gigs. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034)
Power supplyantec true power trio 650 watt
Harddrive500 gig hardrive
Heat sinkhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134&Tpk=freezer+7+pro freezer 7 pro
Video CardEVGA 8800 gts 320 mb

Ok lol now that i got all the equipment that I have out of the way this is the problem that i am having. If i go to overclock my computer i can change the fsb to 333 and multiplier to 9 start up my pc and it will run if i try to touch any setting on the ram like for example timing 4-4-4-12 or if i try and put the voltage to 2.1 instead of 1.8 or if i try a 1:1 ratio with my fsb it causes my computer to either

a. not start
b. start up if i hit tab it will go in and show post it will show the ram being checked it hits up to first 2 gigs then just restarts.
c. it will start up but give me a checksum error where it ask me to put a disk into drive a even though i dont have an A drive.

I cant figure out what i am doin wrong and it is driving me nuts.
I have tried taking out 2 of the 4 gigs of ram i ran memtest and it all came out with no errors.

so i have come to the forums now to beg for help

/beg
/beg
/beg

my bad i forgot to mention that i did try taking out the sticks of ram and changing them around and everthing and i still got the same problem

Have you tried 2.0v on the RAM, 1:1, and timings of 5-5-5-15?

Check to see what your 12v rail looks like under load. Maybe your PSU is pulling down too much.

How much vcore? Might try a little bump in chipset voltage.

ty for your help i bumped the vcore up to 1.315 volts and the ram is supposed to run at 2.1 so i put it at that it seems to be running good now. The only problem i have is that the pc seems to run slow when running multi task. like if i run one win.rar and a quickpar at the same time it bogs down alot. with a quad core and 4 gigs of ram i should be able to handle alot more then that shouldnt i?

i should also mention i have susesfully overclocked to 2.7 ghz. at the 3.15 volts and the ram to 4-4-4-12 at 2.1 volts

im at about a 27 degree tempature and about 40 c at full load. the only thing that gets hot is my aux (using speedfan). I also added 15 degrees to each core like everyone said to do.

so if anyone has any idea why my system is still kinda slow i would be delited to hear from you.

ALSO i forgot to say ty for the help with the voltage and the vcore. I would have responded quicker but i ended up back in the hospital with bad kidney stones. ;(

Back