• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seems having some Memory Issues, Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Hi,

Over the last few days I have noticed some odd things with my system and I am not sure if it is a virus, hardware, software, memory or spyware problem...

I have ran a virus and spyware check, no problem. And everything seems to be running normal except for one little thing...

Recently when I try to open a new program or browser window or even the task manager, I cannot. I click, double click, etc, I cannot. I have to close another program to get anything to work as before. I have checked the task manager to see what is eating up memory, but have failed to see anything. Did I lose a RAM chip or something? I have not changed the way I do anything. I use Opera, Outlook and Boinc most of the time and then on top of that usually I have as many as 10 other windows open with no noticable problems...

The latest one was this morning when I tried to check my email. Got a message that said "Out of Memory or System Resources" Still cannot find the problem... So I rebooted, but I do not think this is going to solve the issue.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Have you altered the Paging File size, or modified any Memory Management related registry settings? And when you received the "Out of Memory" error, what program were you using to access your email?

I have not changed anything. Have not touched anything either.

The out of memory error came when I was using oulook, I tried to open a message, a normal message, only about 5kb and it wouldn't do it, instead that message was on the outlook screen.

Is it possible the page filing system could change on its on with the help of some bad software or virus?

Try performing a "Detect and Repair" from the Help menu in Outlook, but first check out the following MSKB article for an alternate solution...

Error message when you send or receive e-mail messages in Outlook: "Sending and Receiving reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911084

What version of Outlook are you running, and is it up to date w/ all of the latest Office updates? Can you access your mail from within Outlook Express without receiving an "Out of Memory" error message?

Hi.

This is not an outlook only problem though.. I cannot open other windows, such as IE or Task Manager if there is not enough memory available.

I am using the new Outlook 2007 Professional.

Oh and this is the first time this has happend to me on my new PC since I put it together in March.

More issues

Hi folks, here is some more information...

My MSN messenger will sometimes refused to start, an error comes up and I try to repair, it appears the default gateway is not working sometimes, I am not sure what that is and where that problem would stem from. It says it is not online... But I am logged in to the internet. Skype works fine.

Another problem lately I have been having is my explorer errors after I close it. Attached is the error mesasge.

It appears that if I open more than 6-8 IE windows the last one will hang and lock everything else up and then I cannot do anything or start closing other programs like outlook or something else. This is a recent problem and appears to be memory related. Is there a way I can check the file paging size and can you tell me what it should be set at? I am not sure what happend...

thanks

Attachments

• explorer memory error.JPG
    explorer memory error.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 56
Back