• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5E3 for new build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Abominable1

I have been out of the loop for awhile, but since doing some reading in recent weeks, it seems as though that the X38 Chipset will be the next monster. I plan on starting my new build around October/November. From what I gather, the ASUS P5E3 will be strictly a DDR3 board only. Is this true? I really wasn't planning on dropping $1K on 4 GB of RAM. Would the DDR3 RAM scale according to it's price? The cost of this memory seems quite extreme, so it could be the deciding factor in whether or not I get this board; At these prices, the performance must scale appropriately.

Anyone else planning on getting this board? Views/Suggestions?

Last edited:
just stick with ddr2, ddr3 isnt gonna take off till about mid next year. by that i mean drop in price, you can pick up 4 x1 gig sticks cheap for 4gigs or buy 2gig kits. ddr3 right now isnt giving us a reason to jump ship.

Back