• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire on GA p35 ds3p?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minhtin

Registered
I know that sli isn't supported on this mobo, but can you run cross fire on it though?

Giga-Byte website says 16x & 4x. No mention of dropping to 8x and 4x in CF.

i had to go re look this up, cause the last time i read about this it was 8/4x. im seeing that its 16x on the first one and 4x on the second.

what i find interesting during my search is just how much of a difference there wasnt for p35 was at 16x4 vs 975 @8/8x.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2990&p=3

this should hold true for NV sli on intel boards then but i dont see how NV using a 8x/8x board claims that a 16x/4x setup is slower. i mean we have no hard numbers cause NV wont give us the chance to find out.

So running crossfire on the p35 board will yield less performance than running on a board with crossfire chip on them?

So running crossfire on the p35 board will yield less performance than running on a board with crossfire chip on them?

no, it will be about the same depending on the board. the one draw back on p35 is the 4x for the second slot. though there is no mid range ati/amd chipset for CF for intel cpus. they are only in the high end boards cost still about 250-275.

Well i guess putting a 2900xt crossfire for p35 is outta the question then. bummer.

Does anyone know the heat tolerance for the south bridge on the motherboard? I don't know the temperature of my south bridge, but the hsf got hot enough to burn my finger if i put my finger against it for more than 2 seconds.

Back