• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair ValueSelect 2 x 512MB DDR400 CAS 2.5 unable to run at 1T...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f2racer

Registered
For the longest time I've been dealing with system stability issues with my Opteron 165 setup. To make a long story short, I finally figured out that the memory in the box is unable to run at 1T. I even upped the memory voltage to 2.79V with no luck, the machine refuses to run 3DMark06 in continuous loop. At 2T, the machine easily runs any of the burn-in tools for days on end. I understand that this memory is pretty popular among enthusiasts. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is not the choice of enthusiasts. Value stuff is generally bottom of the barrel stuff. :(

What are your memory timings and can you post a picture of the chips on the RAM? What motherboard are you using? I'd suggest tweaking using A64 Tweaker.

I've had DDR490 Stable with my kingston values.

But my board sucks (PCI lock = Non existant)

Are you OCing at all? And what are your complete hardware specifications? It's hard to assist without knowing what you are running.

Are you OCing at all? And what are your complete hardware specifications? It's hard to assist without knowing what you are running.

It refuses to loop 3DMark06 even with no-OC with the memory at 1T.

Specs are as follows:

ECS KN1 Extreme (NForce4 Ultra)
Opteron 165 w/ stock heatsink
Memory as noted
XFX 7900GS video card
WD 250GB SATA HD
ATA DVD burner
Coolmaster 450W PS

Back