• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ditch my Asus P5N32-SLI for an EVGA 680i SLI ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
I bought a newer computer from my friend and ofcourse managed to frag the intel mobo it had.
So I picked up an ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium from fry's to replace it.
But I have been doing some reading and it seems that might have not been a good choice.
I am mainly kicking myself since it doesn't support quad cores.
Would it be worth it to take the ASUS back and swap it out with the EVGA?
Just to be sure, I am talking about going from this ASUS board to this EVGA

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph K.

Get the evga. Just based on ther 590i vs 680i chipset alone. Most people here ocing with a 680i northbridge seem to be using this board, in fact it is the only 680i I see recommended around here, or used on a regualr basis. Most would say consider a p35 chipset instead if you are never going to use sli.

Well eventually I want to pick up a second 8800 to do SLI.
So I guess the P35 is out.
And since it seems the EVGA will support the upcoming 45nm processors I might be answering my own question.

Well I went and exchanged my ASUS for the EVGA and so far I am very happy with it.
When I had the asus in my computer was unstable even at factory clock settings.
But so far with this board it seems to have gone away.
Overall I am very happy with this board so far and will definitely be an eVGA customer for a long time to come.

~Magick_Man~

Just to let you know, lots of people have been having problems with the evga board. I purchased one a few weeks ago and am still trying to get it to boot. It is one of the better boards out there, thats why i bought it, but buy it knowing that you may have some initial problems with it.

Back